Whenever I go to update my Facebook status and I notice the little box where it says “What’s on your mind?” it always stops me for a second. Because just because it’s on my mind doesn’t mean I have to share it with everyone.
Enter this blog. Where everything – well, almost – that’s on my mind gets written and if you don’t like it, too bad.
So these are the things I’m currently thinking of, unfiltered, unedited, unafraid of you judging me. They’re really not that serious..just FYI.
• Leonardo DiCaprio is on the cover of the next Rolling Stone that will soon appear in my mailbox. Thank you, Jesus.
• Was Titanic really worth seeing four times in the theater? Um, yes. Totally. 13-year-old me was obsessed.
• Speaking of obsessed, that new Eminem/Rihanna song is pretty catchy. Except for the whole part when he said he’s gonna tie her to the bed and set the house on fire. Parental advisory, indeed.
• Dominic Monaghan is supposed to be in the video for aforementioned song. I love him. [Spoiler alert if you haven’t seen up through season 3 of LOST] RIP Charlie Pace.
• Mexican food always sounds/seems good at the time, but several hours later when you feel like you have a rock in your stomach and acid reflux from the cheese sauce, you re-think the choice.
• I’m convinced time moves slower when you’re anticipating something.
• I have a stack of books almost three feet tall I still have to read and yet I bought four more at Half-Price Books the other day.
• But one was The Client, one of my favorite books ever.
• Also an awesome movie.
• RIP Brad Renfro.
• Aww, Tom and Huck – whatever happened to JTT?
• If I was a kid when Silly Bands came out, I’d have had an armful of them on.
• Who am I kidding, I’m 26 and I wear them. And trade them with the kids I babysit and a co-worker’s daughter.
• There are two things I really want right now and would love you forever if you could make both happen – I want to see Maroon 5 in concert next month in Lex and Daniel Tosh in Louisville in October.
• I miss Jamaica.
• Maybe someday I’ll sleep like a normal person.
• And by normal I mean not sprawled out in an X and in three- to four-hour spurts, if at all.
• I love lists.
• But you knew that already.