One year and 120 posts later, I think I’m getting the hang of this blogging thing. You’ve heard a lot from me this past year, like about that awkward trip to the dentist and how much I love Jason Segel.
I don’t like all the stuff I write, but there’s a few posts from the past year I’m pretty proud of. Ten, in fact. You may have read them before, but if you didn’t, I suggest you check them out. Remember, I’m all about the self-promotion.
So, without any more ado, here are my favorite posts I’ve written since March 2009, for your reading pleasure.
Oh, and they’re counted down, ’cause you know how much I like countdowns. And lists. It’s OCD, don’t judge.
10. There was that time I wrote about just how much some of the texts from textsfromlastnight.com sounded like my friends.
9. That to-do list I need to get working on… In my defense, I have bought a car on my own and am getting a massage the Friday after my birthday, so CHECK and CHECK. But I hope to accomplish a few of the bigger ones this year, like, say, run a 5K and start a book club (I promise this time) and visit a state I’ve never been to. Oh, and go to Europe. You know, the little stuff on that list…
8. I was given YET ANOTHER REASON TO HATE BIRDS.
7. I interviewed kindergartners at Christmas and re-affirmed my belief in the man in red.
6. Once, I shared with you all my irrational fears. And told you how I almost went blind.
4. Because I know you all don’t think I’m weird enough already, I told you about that one time a moth flew up my nose.
3. Since I was born in the 80s and am probably just a horrible person, when I hear Madonna the first thing I think of is the singer. But that is not always who people mean when they say Madonna.
2. Oh, hey, guess what? I won some awards, for like, photography and design and writing and stuff. ‘Cause I’m awesome. True story.
1. And in case I haven’t annoyed you with it enough, there was that time when I bought a car. This is numero uno mainly because it is the post I’ve received more comments and feedback on than any other and also because WHO KNEW IT WAS THAT FRIGGING FRUSTRATING TO BUY A CAR?! I sure didn’t.
So there you have it. 10 posts. One year. And one hypochondriac’s self-diagnosis of carpal tunnel from ALL THAT TYPING.